- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 3/4 – 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp cornflour
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add cold water and beat again.
- Add castor sugar very gradually while still beating.
- Change to slow beater – add vinegar, vanilla and cornflour.
- Place on greased paper, (flatish, not too heaped), on greased tray, and bake at 150ºC for 45 minutes, then leave to cool in the oven.
- When cold, peel off the paper and transfer to serving plate.
- Spread with whipped cream, flavoured with liqueur if you wish, and fruit, such as kiwifruit, strawberries, peaches, passionfruit etc.